SERVING THE INDIAN COMMUNITY SINCE 1962
India Association of Greater Boston (IAGB) is the oldest and one of the leading Indian-American organizations in New England. It serves the Indian-American communities in the Greater Boston area - Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. Learn more
IAGB is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization (tax identification number 04-6151879) under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible.
The celebration this year will take place on August 19th at the Boston City Hall Plaza. Event has FREE entry for all. Several local vendors and exhibition booths will be available throughout the day displaying Indian clothes and jewelry, henna art and other services. A variety of delicious Indian cuisine by One World Cuisine. Some specialties this year include hyderabadi bowl, chaat house, kathi rolls, dosas, street food, jalebi junction, falood and sugarcane juice.
- 11.00 AM - Event Begins
- 11:30 AM - Meditation and Yoga @ the Plaza (Led by Dev Lingadevaru and Dhanashree Ramachandran respectively)
- 1:00 PM - Fun Games for All Ages (entry on the spot)
- 3:00 PM - Live Dhol Tasha Lezim Performance
- 3:05 PM - US and Indian National Anthems
- 3:1o PM - Cultural Performances (from classical to Bollywood and everything in between)
- Youth Excellence Awards
- IAGB Distinguished New Englander: Hall of Fame Awards
- 7:00 PM - Live Bhangra Performance
- 7.30 PM - Open DJ
Communting & Parking
The Boston City Hall Plaza is a sprawling open venue, which boasts easy access to transportation via commuter and subway as well as easy access local Boston attractions.
Subway/commuter train :
- Government Center station - Serves MBTA's Green and Blue lines. You can walk right into the plaza as you exist the station.
- Haymarket station - Serves the MBTA's Green and Orange lines, and is located at the corner of Congress and New Sudbury streets. The Boston City Hall Plaza is just right in front of Haymarket station; cross the Congress street and walk right into the plaza.
- State Street station : Serves MBTA's Orange and the Blue lines. Just 2 minutes of walking to the Plaza.
- We have partnered with State Street Garage(3 mins walk to the Plaza) with discounted event parking rate for the whole day. The discounted rate is NOT AVAILABLE at the garage entrance. It is REQUIRED to reserve your parking spot online in advance using this link:
Discounted Event Parking Online
- Street parking is free on the weekends. There is a plenty of street parking available in the downtown, around the Plaza. Come early get to your best spot.
- There are a number of garages very close to the Plaza with special weekend pricing. Some of the very close garages with special pricing include Center Plaza Garage, Government Center, etc.
- You may also use mobile parking apps, such as SpotHero, to reserve the parking spot in advance at a discounted rate.
Food & Exhibitors:
- One World Cuisine will be serving up delicious Indian food all day long. A huge variety of food will be available from Hyderabadi fare to street food to sumptuous desserts. Vendors and Exhibition booths will be ready by 11:30 am.
- Among other fun things, we will also have a India Day Photo Booth. Hope you all are ready to make some memories! IAGB T-shirts will also be available at a nominal price.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Look forward to seeing you all there!!
IN THE NEWS
- 11 AugRead more
BOSTON – India Association of Greater Boston (IAGB) inviting nominations for youth excellence award, entries for talent show and exhibitors at its annual India Day
- 18 JunRead more
IAGB Unveils new details on upcoming India Day Festival at Boston City Hall Plaza Read more
The newsletter features IAGB news and updates as well as some community information, and messages from our sponsors and advertisers for the benefit of our readers.
We invite you to submit guest columns on diverse topics for inclusion in the newsletter. We welcome your feedback and suggestions !! Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make community event announcements through this newsletter.
Sing up to receive the news letter : IAGB's Monthly News Letter