March 21 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
- What is the date and address of the Indian Consular Camp?
The Consular Camp will be on March 21, 2020, and address for the camp is, New England Shirdi Sai Temple 99 Shirdi Way, Groton, MA 01450
- Who are the organizers of the Indian Consular Camp?
The Consular camp is organized by IAGB in partnership with New England Kannada Koota(NEKK), Kala Tarangini, New England Marathi Mandal(NEMM), New England Malayalee Association(NEMA), India Association of New Hampshire(IANH), Tamil Makkam Mandaram(TMM), Kerala Association of New England(KANE), New England Shirdi Sai Parivaar(NESSP), and supported by many regional community organizations in the New England area.
- What are the advantages of attending this Consular Camp?
CGI, NY Consulate and CKGS personnel will be onsite to review and approve the applications on the spot and the applicants can submit validated/approved applications for further processing. Also CGI, NY consular officers will process all the Misc. services on the spot. Please visit CGI, NY website(https://bit.ly/2UC8a5x) for a complete list of Misc. services. The community members can avoid the time-consuming and costly process of rejected applications. You will also avoid a trip to New York that some people make to submit applications. Any questions on Visa, OCI, Passport, Misc. services may also be addressed at the camp.
No applications from Travel Agents will be processed/accepted.
- What are the timings?
The Consular Camp will be from 9 am to 3 pm. For Visa, Passport, OCI and Renunciation services(for all CKGS services), you will be given an appointment time at the camp while completing the online application forms on the CKGS website. You will need to arrive 30 minutes prior to your assigned time to meet with CKGS personnel and submit the application. Please see below on how to get started and how to apply.
For Misc. services, CGI, NY – Consulate personnel will be available from 11 am to 3 pm. Please see below on how to get started and how to apply.
- What is CKGS? And what are the services offered by CKGS?
Cox and Kings Global Services Pvt. Ltd. (CKGS) is a third party private contractor for the Indian Consulate. CGI, New York has outsourced, regular Indian Visa, OCI(new or reissue), Passport, PIO to OCI, Indian citizenship renunciation services to CKGS and applicants are required to go through CKGS to apply for these services.
- What are the services(Misc. services) directly offered by the Indian Consulate, CGI Newyork?
Services such as Attestation of Documents, Attestation of Power of Attorney, Attestation of will, Affidavit for Child’s Passport to be issued in India, will be rendered on spot.
Applications will be accepted for Marriage Certificate, Life Certificate, Birth Certificate, Police Clearance Certificate, NRI Certificate, NORI I, NORI III, Death Documents Attestation -Transportation of Ashes/Mortal Remains to India, Registration of Birth, etc.
- I am applying for New OCI, OCI reissue due to new passport, Passport renewal, PIO to OCI conversion and citizenship Renunciation, how do I get started?
- You will need to register to attend the Visa Camp. Here is a link to register.
- These services are offered by CKGS and applications should be started on the CKGS website. Please read through the application guide or how-to-apply guide before you start the application process.
- Also visit, CKGS FAQs for more information: https://www.in.ckgs.us/faq
- To apply, Go to https://in.ckgs.us/ website, and select the service(OCI/Visa/Passport/Renunciation) you would like to apply for and click on Get Started.
- Select the state you live in
- It will immediately ask you if you’d like to apply through “Consular Services Camp”, select Yes, and confirm the visa camp location(New England Shirdi Sai Temple 99 Shirdi Way, Groton, MA 01450).
- Complete the rest of the application, until you reach the “Payment & Appointment” page.
- Select the timeslot.
- Select the payment mode and make the payment if you have selected online payment.
- Print the receipt
- Bring the completed application, along with all the required documents to the visa camp, 30 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- If you need any help with filling the applications, you may call CKGS helpline numbers
- How do I apply for the Attestation of Documents, Attestation of Power of Attorney, Affidavit for Child’s Passport to be issued in India, Marriage Certificate, Life Certificate, Birth Certificate, etc.?
- You will need to register to attend the Visa Camp. Here is a link to register: https://forms.gle/VRRv6T6yUBsQGZzB8
- These are called misc.services and directly handled by CGI, NY consular officers. CKGS is not involved in processing these applications.
- Please visit the consulate website https://www.indiainnewyork.gov.in/Miscellaneous
- Read carefully the FAQ on misc. Services.
- Apply online, download the submitted application, print & sign it. Attached all required documents, paste the photograph and bring this physical copy of the application to the Visa Camp.
- It is a first come first serve for these applications, but you must register to attend the camp, as specified in step 1, above.
- What is the processing time for Misc. services?
The Misc. services will be processed on the spot by the CGI, NY consular officers, at the Consular Camp.
- Can I apply for eVisa(emergency visa) at the camp?
No. Consulate or CKGS doesn’t handle eVisa applications. eVisa should be applied only online.
- I am applying for OCI or Passport for kids. Should I need to bring the kids?
If the application is completed and everything is in order including the kid’s signature, then kids presence may not be required. However, if anything is missing or requires a kid’s signature then the kid’s presence is required.
- Will there be Notary services at the Consular Camp?
Yes, we will arrange for notary services at the camp. However, there will be an additional charge for notary services. Please bring cash if you need to avail of these services.
- Will there be a photocopying service at the Consular Camp?
- Will there be a photographer to take pictures and print on location?