India Day 2017
Sunday, August 20, 2017, 4-8pm
The Hatch Memorial Shell, Boston
IAGB is excited to celebrate India's 71st Independence Day at Hatch Shell, Boston on August 20, 2017. The theme for the celebration this year is 'Unity in Diversity'. To that end, we are calling for entries for performances showcasing the culture of one of the states from India. You could present a music, dance, recorded skit performance.
Entries can be in the kids' segment (ages 6 - 12) or the adults' segment (ages 13 and above). Please see below for detailed rules.
- All entrants should submit a short video of their proposed performances for evaluation by the IAGB Cultural Committee (CC). See key dates below:
- July 10th - Deadline for online submission of forms and links to YouTube videos for evaluation
- July 28th - IAGB CC will communicate selection of group
- August 13th - Deadline for payment of participation fees, if applicable and submission of final Mp3s
- Submissions should be sent to this form
- Groups with 7-10 participants can perform for a maximum of 5 minutes, and those with more than 10 participants can perform for a maximum of 8 minutes.
- Solo performances are not permitted.
- All groups interested in participating must adhere to the theme.
- The IAGB CC will review all entries that are submitted prior to the deadline.
- If selected, there will be a participation fee for each performer. Fee is $20 per performer. Participation fee is waived for IAGB members. If you are not currently a member, you are strongly encouraged to sign up for membership at: www.iagb.org/membership
- Please note that teams with incomplete participation payment will not be allowed to perform. Team Leads are requested to respond to us with confirmation of payment from their participants, should the team be selected for performance.
- Submissions with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be considered for review. The date and time of your submission on the will be automatically recorded.
- CC's decision of the performing groups' selection will be final.
- Props that would require clean-up of the performance area before the next act are not permitted.
- Groups are requested to declare in their submission any props they intend to use. Props need approval from the CC beforehand.
- Should your team be selected, additional details on next steps will be communicated at that time.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact IAGB Cultural team at email@example.com
Chale Hans ki Chal
Saturday, May 13th, 2017
India Association of Greater Boston (IAGB) & New England Leherein Presents a two-act Delightful Hindi Comedy "...Chale Hans ki Chal"
Written by: Vasant Kanetkar
Adaptation & Directed by: Avinash Padhye
Day/Date: Saturday, May 13, 2017
Time: 4:00 p.m. until 7 p.m.
Venue: Littleton High School Auditorium
56 King Street, Littleton, MA 02460
Complimentary Reception from 3:00 PM to 3:45 PM
Tickets @ $100, $60, $35, $15
(Please inquire about 20% & 10% Discount for IAGB Life & Annual members, respectively).
Praveena Naduthota: 978-850-2127
Suzana Naik: 508-517-7161
Syed Ali Rizvi: 973-220-2713
Aditi Taylor: 781-783-5744
Republic Day Mela
January 28th, 2017
India Association of Greater Boston proudly announces Republic Day Mela on January 28th, 2017. The celebration will be on going the entire day featuring multiple activities for all ages and talents to participate in. Various mini competitions will be conducted between 12 - 3 pm. Please see link below to sign up for all the above activities.
Day/Date: Saturday, January 28, 2016
Time: 3:00 p.m. until 10 p.m.
Venue: Burlington High School (123 Cambridge St, Burlington, MA 01803)
Admission: Free for members. $5/non-member for entry to the auditorium only.
Food: Catered by Chakra Indian Cuisine, available for purchase
Online entries for RD Mela are no longer being accepted. Walk-in entries will only be accepted for Chess, Art and Kite-Making competitions.
Chess: 12 pm - 3 pm (Cafeteria)
Art: 1:30 pm - 3 pm (Cafeteria)
Geography Bee: 12 pm - 3 pm (Lower Library)
Science Quiz: 12 pm - 3 pm (Classroom)
Kite Making: 12 pm - 3 pm (Lower Library)
Cultural Performances will be presented between 3 - 6 pm followed by Antakshari Grand Finale from 7 - 10 pm.
Entry is free for members and $5 for non-members.
IAGB presents a two-act Hindi suspense thriller!
Thriller Hindi Play – ‘Such… Aur Such Ke Siwa…’
Written by Uday Narkar
Director and Hindi translation: Avinash Padhye
Saturday, April 30th, 2016
4:00pm – 7:00pm
Regis College, 235
Wellesley St. Weston, MA 02493